On behalf on myself and Amber – since she cant talk – I would like to say a very BEEEG thank you to the following special people in my life for helping me so far with Amber:
– My mom and dad for helping me to pay for Amber – paying her last installment for me for my Christmas present last year 🙂
– Lynette Blackie for getting me involved in horse riding again and for introducing me to the concept of owning my own horse. Lynette found Amber for me and thought she would be a great first horse.. which I am hoping she will be 🙂 Lynette also gave me some riding lessons and introduced me to the event of showing which I participated in on her Welsh partbred Brackenwood About Time and her Section A stud stallion Caravelle Society’s Deboniare.
– Tipuana Stud – where I bought Amber. Digby and Lindi – the owners – arranged for me to be able to pay her off as I wasn’t able to pay for her in full upfront. They also dropped her off for me at her new home a week after arranging the sale 🙂
– Caravelle Stud: Thanks also goes to Caravelle Stud for looking after Amber from October 2009 to March 2010. She has really changed into a beautiful bay filly with the right amount of food and supplements as well as the love and attention.
– To ShumbaShaba – Sharon and Renae.. For their support and now for stabling Amber at ShumbaShaba in Mnandi 🙂 Renae has been giving me riding lessons for about two years.. and I always have a pony or horse to ride that needs exercise 🙂
– Erina Bouwer – my horsy friend and outride partner 🙂 Thank you for all your support and encouragement with regards to my riding.. and for letting me ride your horse Tapsy sometimes too 🙂 Thanks also for lending me your blue honey blanket for Amber to use this winter! I really appreciate it and so does Amber 🙂
– and then last but not least my boyfriend Mark Usher.. He supports my passion and is always there to watch me ride whenever he can.. He also sponsors most of the carrots for Amber 🙂
This is officially the first post of my blog.. and to be honest I am really not sure what to say..
So…. I’m going to tell you a little bit about myself – this is expanded upon on my “About Scaffy” page 🙂
My name is Megan..
Full name: Megan Natalie Trow
Nicknames: Meg, Megs and of course – Scaffy
I’m addicted to horses and social media (read Twitter, FaceBook etc) and chocolate!
I am 27 years old, although I dont feel it and I dont look it either – people often think I am a lot younger than I really am.. It has its pros and its cons.. lol..
I have an IT degree – studied at University of Pretoria (TUKS).
I work for a web design company in Rivonia. I have been there for four years and am currently working in the SEO department.
I have been writing articles in my free time for our clients for the past 5 months so I haven’t really had much free time.. This is one of the reasons why this blog is so empty… Another reason is laziness I guess and yet another reason was that I really really battled to find a WordPress template that I liked.. But I did find one eventually and even though I’ve edited it q bit, I’m happy with it.. for now 🙂
I am hoping to fill this blog with lots of interesting words and thoughts (and maybe some personal venting along the way).
….This site is dedicated to Tipuana Amber…..
Welcome to My Saddle Fund…
The object of this site to highlight the story of my filly Amber (Full name Tipuana Amber) and to raise funds for her for a saddle once she is fully grown and ready to be ridden competitively.
My name is Megan and I love horses 🙂 It has been a dream of mine to own my very own horse and this dream has finally come true!
With owning a horse comes a lot of responsibilities… Food.. Stabling.. Excercise.. Love and Carrots..
When she is old enough for me to start breaking her in, she will need a saddle.. This is an expensive exercise.. which is one of the reasons for this site..
I am hoping to encourage friends and family and eveyone who knows me to help me achieve this goal in their own small way..
For any birthday present or Christmas or just for an any time present I would appreciate it if you could make a deposit into My Saddle Fund savings account with your name as a reference so I can make a personal thank you to you 🙂
This bank account has been set up specifically for this purpose and will not be touched until I am able to buy a saddle for Amber when she has stopped growing..
Account Number: 01 485 168 7
There are also a number of people to thank for me being where I am today in terms on my riding and with regards to owning my own horse finally.. Details coming soon…
Amber is my first ever fully owned by me horse and thus she will always be special to me… This site is dedicated to her…